World IBD day 2010
Each of us who has either Crohn’s disease or Ulcerative Colitis has his or her own story. Fortunately often with periods of remission, but also with these inevitable periods of flare ups. Flare ups which may force you to take strong medication which have these nasty side effects, flare ups which may stop you from leaving the house because the urgent need for a toilet may arise, flare ups which may even force you to have surgery. Often it will simply wear you out.
Yet many of us learned to cope pretty well with their situation. Regularly with the help of our national association for people with Crohn’s disease or Ulcerative Colitis. In fact many of us got stronger by learning how to cope, so they were not only able to live their life as ‘normal’ as possible, but also to pursue their dreams in life!
Today is World IBD day, which is an excellent opportunity to show the world that there is nothing to be ashamed of having this disease, to show what people with these diseases can achieve rather that what they cannot achieve, to claim our rights concerning matters like education and employment, to stress the importance of research, to show the world that united we stand!
Other news stories
- Management board available on Skype on Thursday evening 7 November to talk with you
- Would you actively like to help support IBD research? This is your opportunity! Sign up as volunteer for our IBD Research Foundation. You are welcome!
- 2012 Grant Program - Research projects selected for grants
- We received a record number of grant applications!
- 2012 Grant program launched
- 2012 Grant program - Launch on 19 May, World IBD day
- World IBD Day 2012
- Foundation represented at EFCCA GA 2012
- Swiss association for people with IBD (SMCCV) donates CHF 25000,- (about 20600 euro), again!
- 2011 Grant Program - Three IBD Research projects awarded a grant
- Two new supervisory board members appointed
- Austrian association donates 1230,- euro
- Research projects reviewed
- Substantial donation from Luxembourg association
- 2011 Grant Program launched
- World IBD day
- Substantional donation by Swiss association
- Christmas initiative of Finnish IBD association
- Research projects selected to be awarded a grant
- 2010 Mini Grants - Now open for applications
- Substantial donations from IBD associations
- World IBD day 2010
- New newsletter - September 2009
- First world IBD patients day 2010
- IBD Research Foundation at Digestive Diseases Week