Searching for the answer - Launch of Micro-GrantsMany people will recall or will have since read about “mans first steps” on the moon in mid 1969, some 40 years ago. At that time IBD was a rarely diagnosed. Since over 4 decades the numbers have risen substantially but we still do not fully understand why? So we aim to use the funds raised to helping to find cause and cure, to understand the reasons why we see the numbers with IBD continually rising, to help people cope better with their daily lives and to encourage innovative research.
In the period up to October 2009 we are inviting people with IBD to write a summary to tell us why they think they have Crohn’s disease or Ulcerative colitis and what may have caused this to happen to them. Similarly, health professionals to tell us about their novel ideas and to suggest areas for really novel IBD research. Each if possible to include a note about their suggested priorities for the foundation’s first funding of research programmes or contributions to a jointly funded programme.
The IBD Research Foundation will award 5 Micro Grants to the winners and will encourage the further development of specific research projects associated with the winning entries.
Instructions and template documents will be available soon. Keep updated and visit our website or let us know by email: email@example.com.
Other news stories
- 2012 Grant Program - Research projects selected for grants
- We received a record number of grant applications!
- 2012 Grant program launched
- 2012 Grant program - Launch on 19 May, World IBD day
- World IBD Day 2012
- Foundation represented at EFCCA GA 2012
- Swiss association for people with IBD (SMCCV) donates CHF 25000,- (about 20600 euro), again!
- 2011 Grant Program - Three IBD Research projects awarded a grant
- Two new supervisory board members appointed
- Austrian association donates 1230,- euro
- Research projects reviewed
- Substantial donation from Luxembourg association
- 2011 Grant Program launched
- World IBD day
- Substantional donation by Swiss association
- Christmas initiative of Finnish IBD association
- Research projects selected to be awarded a grant
- 2010 Mini Grants - Now open for applications
- Substantial donations from IBD associations
- World IBD day 2010
- New newsletter - September 2009
- First world IBD patients day 2010
- IBD Research Foundation at Digestive Diseases Week
- Searching for the answer - Launch of Micro-Grants
- Official launch of European website
- Dress to impress - new products for your donations