Official launch of European websitewww.ibdresearch.org
Welcome to the new website of the new IBD Research Foundation, which has been created through a “powered by patients and families” initiative of the European Federation of Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis Associations. EFCCA is the umbrella organisation of currently 24 national Crohn’s and colitis patient associations across Europe.
You will see in this website that the Foundation want to assist in improving the lives of the ever growing numbers of people with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in Europe, but of course this can lead to benefits for people with IBD wherever they live. It is estimated there are up to 1. 5m in Europe, with similar numbers in North America - and, in total, between 4- 5 million Crohn’s and colitis patients worldwide.
Our initial objective even in these difficult days is to raise the equivalent of 1 million Euros. This means that if IBD patients, family or friends of the 1 - 1.5 million peoples in Europe with IBD donate 1Euro each this will help us make a real difference to the lives of people with IBD.
Other news stories
- 2012 Grant Program - Research projects selected for grants
- We received a record number of grant applications!
- 2012 Grant program launched
- 2012 Grant program - Launch on 19 May, World IBD day
- World IBD Day 2012
- Foundation represented at EFCCA GA 2012
- Swiss association for people with IBD (SMCCV) donates CHF 25000,- (about 20600 euro), again!
- 2011 Grant Program - Three IBD Research projects awarded a grant
- Two new supervisory board members appointed
- Austrian association donates 1230,- euro
- Research projects reviewed
- Substantial donation from Luxembourg association
- 2011 Grant Program launched
- World IBD day
- Substantional donation by Swiss association
- Christmas initiative of Finnish IBD association
- Research projects selected to be awarded a grant
- 2010 Mini Grants - Now open for applications
- Substantial donations from IBD associations
- World IBD day 2010
- New newsletter - September 2009
- First world IBD patients day 2010
- IBD Research Foundation at Digestive Diseases Week
- Searching for the answer - Launch of Micro-Grants
- Official launch of European website
- Dress to impress - new products for your donations