Approximately 2.2 million people have ulcerative colitis, or Crohn's disease (together called inflammatory bowel disease, or IBD), in Europe. It is estimated too that there are similar numbers diagnosed with Crohn's or Colitis in North America and that the figure worldwide is between 4-5 million.
There is no known cause or cure for IBD, and the debilitating symptoms can greatly affect a person's quality of life. The IBD Research Foundation aims to change this. Our mission is to acquire funds for:
- The prevention and cure of chronic inflammatory disorders
- The improvement of general well-being and care for people having such a disorder
- anything directly or indirectly connected with or conducive to this, all in the broadest sense of the word.
The IBD Research Foundation is established in co-operation with the European Federation of Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis Associations (EFCCA).
- Help us to raise 1 million Euros by making a donation of any size, and appear on our personal supporters list if you wish.
- Tell your friends about the IBD Research Foundation, or make a group donation.
- Contact us to discuss potential sponsorship packages.
- Donations from organizations and associations greatly assist our work.